Our friends at Gatehouse Gazette have released issue 16 of their bimonthly publication. Although the Gatehouse Gazette usually has a more Dieselpunk focus, January’s issue is themed on the Weird West, which makes for perfect reading for those reflecting on Steamcon II or preparing for Wild West Con later this year.
Here’s the contents of this month’s publication:
- Bennett, A., “The Falcon,” 20-23
- Davia, L., “Review Magico Vento,” 17
- Fagan, R., “Review: Nickel Children,” 10
- Fagan, R., “Steampunk at Dickens on the Strand,” 6
- Heyvaert, H., “Review: Dr Who Christmas Special,” 11
- Heyvaert, H., “Review: Wild Wild West,” 17
- Heyvaert, H., “Review: Sherlock,” 11
- Heyvaert, H., “The Steampunk Wardrobe,” 14
- McCleary, C., “Wilde’s West,” 18-20
- Moffett, C., “Louis Brennan’s Monorail Car,” 15
- Ottens, N., “Anarchocapitalism in the Old West,” 5
- Ottens, N., “A History of the American Bison,” 12
- Ottens, N., “Preview: BioShock Infinite,” 9
- Worden, P.J., “The Great Airship Scare,” 7
In addition to the expected fiction collection, I’m particularly excited about the article on Anarchocapitalism in the Old West by N. Ottens. It promises to be an unique read on some of the lesser known historical elements of the American frontier.
If you are interested in writing for the Gatehouse Gazette in either a one off submission or in writing more regularly for the periodical. Contact them for more information, or join their message board community to get involved.